The voting membership is composed of:
- Twenty-nine (29) tenured or tenure-track faculty members
- One (1) non-tenure track faculty member
- One (1) Faculty Associate
- Twenty (20) elected student members of the Student Caucus of the Student Government Association
- The Student Body President
- One (1) representative of the Administrative Professional Council
- One (1) representative of the Civil Service Council
The ex-officio, non-voting membership consists of:
- The President of the University
- Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost
- Vice President for Finance and Planning
- Vice President of Student Affairs
- Associate Vice President for Research and Graduate Studies
- Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Education
- A representative of the Deans' Council
- A representative of the Chairpersons' Council
- The Student Trustee
Terms of Service
Faculty members serve staggered three-year terms. Student members serve one-year terms.
The officers of the Academic Senate are the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, and Secretary. The Chairperson and Secretary must be faculty members; while the Vice Chairperson is the Student Body President.
More detailed information on the structure and functions of the Academic Senate can be obtained from the Bylaws of the Academic Senate and from the Illinois State University Constitution, Article V.